According to the National Institutes of Health, the most prevalent health condition after the common cold is tooth decay. It’s more than likely that if you haven’t already had a cavity, you will develop at least one in your lifetime.
So, how do you know if you have a cavity?
Well, depending on the severity of your tooth decay, you may experience a variety of symptoms.
There are some of the symptoms that often go along with tooth decay:
• Nothing (in the early stages)
• A toothache or spontaneous tooth pain
• Tooth sensitivity
• Pain (slight or severe) when eating something sweet, hot, or cold
• Staining (brown, black, or white) on the surface of your tooth
• Visible holes in your tooth. Those holes are cavities.
• Pain when biting down
The best time to catch a cavity is in the early stages, when there are few, if any, symptoms. Keeping your twice yearly (or more) visits with us will ensure we catch them in time.
We have multiple ways for you to see us:
- You may call our office at (941) 548-4464
- Go to the “MAKE AN APPOINTMENT “ Tab on our website
- Sign up for an appointment on our microsite at https://www.patientconnect365.com/Dentists/Florida/Bradenton/34212/3D_Dentistry
- Just come over and visit …. Walk-ins are always welcome!
- If a weekend emergency, call our emergency line at (941) 920-4454 to request a weekend appointment
We will fully inform you of the best course of treatment for your particular situation. The recommendation could be as easy as watching and waiting to see if we find any tooth decay in the very early stages. Or, if you are symptomatic, we may have to formulate a more in-depth treatment plan. We’ll show you exactly what the condition is, and make sure that you fully understand your options, and get your approval before proceeding with any treatment.
As always, brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss at least once a day, and try to minimize the amount of sugar in your diet.
These steps will help you be proactive in preventing cavities.
Even better, your teeth will thank you for it!